first_imgNINE DOGS THAT were due to be put down at Carrick Dog Shelter earlier this afternoon have been saved.A pound in Monaghan were going to have to put down the dogs – which ranged in age from just 16 weeks to eight years old – but thankfully they’ve all been offered homes or rescue spaces after their stories appeared on TheJournal.ie on Tuesday.However, it isn’t all good news.Speaking about the last-ditch call from the Carrick shelter, spokesperson for Dogs Trust told TheJournal.ie that the fear of having to put animals to sleep because of a lack of space is a good example of what’s happening in pounds all over the country.In Ireland, 15 dogs are destroyed on average everyday. That’s 5,500 a year. To compare, in Scotland that number is just 500.A spokesperson from the ISPCA said “any sort of animal is not a suitable gift to give.“It is a big responsibility and it certainly is not something to surprise someone with, whatever time of the year it is.”Thankfully the nine dogs from Carrick have been saved but this problem is far from over.Carrick Dog shelter have got in touch with the newsteam here to say “a massive thanks from us on behalf of nine very happy pound dogs!”These nine dogs have less than 48 hours to live if they can’t be re-homed>Dog welfare group say Christmas dumping of dogs has already started>Men plead guilty to training dogs for animal fights>last_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_imgThe case against a pastor accused of biting a woman’s nose during a fight has begun at Criminal Court ‘A’ at the Temple of Justice.Defendant Edward K. Weah is the senior pastor of Christ the King Church in the Voice of America (VOA) Community, off the Robertsfield Highway, outside of Monrovia.He is facing the crime of “Aggravated Assault.”The incident allegedly took place on May 16 at the VOA Community.At Thursday’s hearing, Madam Lucia Oberly took the stand to testify as prosecution first witness.  She explained that the fighting began after two of her children were refused entrance into the defendant’s school.Before that the victim alleged her children went to school late that morning on May 16, and were sent home by Pastor Weah’s wife, Mother Marthaline Weah.Mrs. Oberly claimed that Mother Weah, in her attempt to send the children home,  accused them of being rebels who were planning to burn down the school.When the children returned home, the witness said, her children explained to her the altercation at the school and the behavior of Pastor Weah’s wife.“At that point, a daughter of Pastor Weah and my son got into bitter argument, where the Pastor’s daughter used insulting language  against me,” Mrs. Oberly  explained.During that period, she said, Pastor Weah’s wife appeared on the scene with an object and beat her son.In the process, Madam Oberly alleged that Pastor Weah came to her house in an aggressive mood and started to use profane words.She further alleged that Pastor Weah walked to her house jumped on her son in fist fight.“I attempted stopping him from fighting my son, and he jumped on me and started beating me.”She alleged that Pastor Weah beat her to the extent that her face was covered with blood.”Then he suddenly bit my nose. It was extremely painful. I cried and my eyes were full of tears,” she recalled.After biting me I trembled with shock, and as I speak, I still feel pain on my nose.”The defendant is expected to take the stand on a day the court deems appropriate and convenient.  Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img

first_img– scaling of fence, crawling through a koker: methods of escapingThe hunt is on for six male teenagers who escaped from the New Opportunity Corps (NOC), Onderneeming, Essequibo Coast, on Tuesday last.Reports are that on the day in question, at about 08:00h, four of the males escaped by scaling the perimeter fence of the correctional facility.Additionally, at about 17:30h, two others crawled through a dried up koker in the compound. They all made good their escape and are yet to be recaptured.Less than two weeks ago, on March 16, twenty-four teenagers who were being housed at this holding centre in Region Two, escaped from the facility.Reports are that around 19:30h the discovery was made that 17 males and seven females made good their escape even with three security officers and their dorm mothers and fathers in the building.According to the police, investigations revealed that the females opened a southern door in their dormitory and tied five sheets together then threw the knotted sheets over the western fence of the compound in order to escape.Guyana Times was told that the males who broke out of the New Opportunity Corps did so by opening a southern window in their dormitory and simply climbed over the fence.The New Opportunity CorpsThe police were able to recapture some of the male escapees while some other male juveniles voluntarily returned to the facility. However, some of those who escaped from this batch are still on the run.Meanwhile, residents in the area and neighbouring communities are calling for an immediate investigation as to why so many breakouts at the juvenile holding facility seem to be occurring and for certain security measures to be put in place immediately to correct this.last_img

first_imgThis map from BC Hydro shows the areas affected by the power outage.  – Advertisement -UPDATE #2 – Power was restored shortly before 12pm Monday.UPDATE – Power should be restored to the affected area by 12:30pm.A power outage in Fort St. John is affecting more than 3,600 B.C. Hydro customers.The outage was reported at 10:42 a.m. and the cause has been listed as ‘equipment contact’.The area affected is east of 108 St., north of 79 Ave., west of 78 St. and south of 115 Ave.Advertisement B.C. Hydro expects power to be back on in the affected area by 1 p.m.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *